A national campaign telling customers why It’s Better Down The Pub and encouraging them to share their experiences has been launched.
The campaign film was premiered at yesterday’s BII Lunch and will now be used to get people to support their local.
The industry-wide initiative was created by Admiral Taverns, the BII, Everards, Fuller’s, Pub is the Hub and the Society of Independent Brewers.
They are now calling on the trade to unite behind the campaign when it launches to consumers at the beginning of June.
As well as screening the film, pub customers are encouraged to share their positive pub experiences as part of the campaign on Twitter and Facebeook. They will also have a chance to win a range of prizes, provided by the campaign sponsors, such as tablet computers, digital cameras and camcorders.
BII chief Tim Hulme said: “It’s Better Down The Pub provides a fantastic opportunity for pubs and licensees to drive a positive message about pubs, and if we can encourage our customers to make an extra visit here and there, then that would be fantastic too.
“So please get involved – visit the website, follow the campaign on Twitter and also on Facebook. Most importantly, please tell your customers and encourage them to get involved.”
Visit the campaign website at www.itsbetterdownthepub.com and follow on Twitter @IBDTP
- BT Sport reveals price plan
- Licensee praised for putting a smile on the face of the country
- Cheers to 50 years!
- CAMRA urges pubs to run events
- BT Sport gets Bale on board
- Win an iPad Mini from Premier Foods
- Pub rewards its own stars with Oscars style party
- Richard III gets his own brew
- Couple mark 20 years with more charitable giving
- Free Sky for London licensee
- Rugby pub welcomes Rugby Club
- Black Sheep wants people to get on their bikes
- Football leads the way in televised sports coverage
- Octogenarian calls time on career
- Wild Boar walkers do their bit
- Would the real Pub Landlord Al Murray please stand up
- World's biggest liar returns to pub
- Pub campaigns to bring back jugs
- British Pub Week asks the right questions
- Ciaran Gribbin: From pubs to fronting INXS
Page 1 of 85