The chief of the BII has called for the pub industry to embrace the changes being made at the trade body.
Speaking at its annual lunch last week Tim Hulme promised a radical change in leadership and performance at the BII.
“I personally ask the leaders among you to embrace what the BII is shaping as a professional body. In return I give you my personal commitment that I will lead the BII in playing its part in promoting this industry and what it stands for,” he said.
Hulme said business decisions would be driven by members’ needs, and that they could expect an appropriate return on investment for their membership contributions.
He referred to the 70,000 qualifications the organisation awards each year, and the 3,000 calls they received in 2012 via various helplines.
He added: said: “In looking forward, I’ve promised to turn and face our members. The continuous professional development services and benefits we offer will be delivered with a competitive edge.
“In equal measure though, I will be ensuring that our membership agenda has a very strong next generation theme and through our partnerships with colleges and universities, we will promote courses and membership specific to this industry."
- Pubs in running for Footprint Award
- Greene King to 'profile' new pub partners
- Five per cent VAT would create 670,000 jobs
- Adnams reports beer boost
- New business is very convenient for pub
- Brakspear celebrates its best in a book
- PM pops in for a pint
- Actor plays part in revealing pub's heritage
- Briefing for mass youth work placement scheme
- Carlsberg UK and CPL offer free training for freeholders
- Admiral Taverns bought in £200m deal
- Birthday boost for Pub is the Hub
- Reaction to latest minimum price proposals
- Pub spend up but visits down
- Call to stop pub to supermarket conversions
- Five stars for ambitious rooms project
- Chance for free Sky for a year with new licence
- Pubs in East Yorkshire get helping hand
- No buyer for Waverley TBS as 685 staff lose jobs
- Saw it. liked it, nicked it: The Lodge
Page 1 of 48